A Residential Treatment Program for Adults With Chemical Dependency
Philosophy and Treatment
Sunrise Centre recognizes the progressive nature of chemical dependency and treats alcoholism and other drug dependencies as chronic diseases which, if not treated, will be fatal. Chemical dependence is treatable and the recovery process is ongoing. The program at Sunrise Centre is designed so that residents learn to become responsible for their own actions and recovery. It provides the tools and principles needed for a drug free life.
Treatment components include:
· Thorough assessment and individual master treatment planning
· Educational lectures and audio / visual aides
· Professionally conducted group therapy
· Individual therapeutic counseling
· Relapse prevention training
· Family education
· Spiritual counseling
· Aftercare planning
· Alcoholics Anonymous meetings
· Narcotics Anonymous meetings
Treatment plans are individually designed according to the assessed needs of each resident. The length-of-stay in the program is determined from these needs and other factors, such as prior use and treatment history.
Each resident will progress through these stages toward their successful program completion.
· Orientation and Stabilization — assessment, acclimation and personal recognition of the disease.
· Discovery / Building the Foundation — desire to change through education, therapy, understanding and self motivation.
· Transition — Moving into social structure with new skills, techniques and behaviors conductive to drug free living.
Various treatment methods are used:
· Identify and reinforce one’s worth, purpose and spirituality.
· 12 Step Process
· Confront core issues / (mal) adaptive behaviors from early life
· Destructive behavioral patterns awareness and application
· Basic social skills, job training and education
· Cognitive Behavioral Training
· Contingency Management
· Family Therapy
Sunrise Centre is a private, non-profit 501 (c)3 organization licensed by the State of Michigan for Substance Abuse Treatment and Detoxification. Sunrise Centre has been awarded the three-year program accreditation through Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF).
Sunrise Centre was established in 1991 and is operated for adults who are unable to afford other private treatment centers.
Sunrise Centre is a private non-profit organization located in Alpena in Northeastern Michigan, situated on the shores of beautiful Lake Huron.
To contact us:
Alpena MI 49707
Toll Free: 1-877-205-5217